Friday, March 23, 2012

In which an Odd Conversation is Overheard in a Restroom

Second in a series of reposts from Facebook notes.

Several years ago I was sitting on the toilet in a grocery store bathroom in my home town, when I overheard a very odd conversation. I was so struck by how odd it was that I remembered it word for word and wrote it down the moment I had something to write with. Recently I found it sitting on my hard drive and thought it was worth sharing. Due to the layout of the bathroom, I never saw any part of them, not even their shoes, so the only impression I have of these people comes purely from sound.

I now present to you, dear reader, a transcript of that very conversation, in its entirety and completely unedited:


<sounds of door opening... footsteps... zippers and then peeing>

Voice 1: Man, Ma Piss Burrns!
< a few moments of just the sounds of peeing>
Voice 1: And Ma Balls hurt too! I think I got That Shit...
< a few moments of just the sounds of peeing>
Voice 2: Yeah, Ah think you do got that Shit...
Voice 1: Ah, Shit!
<sound of peeing stops>
<zippers... footsteps... door closes>

No comments:

Post a Comment